Thank you to the amazing Book Bum for tagging me for the Mystery Blogger Award! She has an awesome blog, and you guys should definitely check out her own Mystery Blogger Post! So, without any further ado:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well (Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people (or 5. I’m gonna do 5)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Here we go; brace yourselves!
Three Things About Me:
- I used to hate my name growing up because no one would pronounce it correctly, and kids would make fun of me. But now I love it; it fits me really well, and I found out it has Gaelic elements that mean “kingly.”
- For my fellow Skyrim nerds, I have actually taken an arrow to the knee. As in, an arrow was literally sticking out of my leg. What’s worse, it was a barbed fishing arrow, and I somehow managed to shoot myself with it…
- I have the greatest father in the world. For Valentine’s Day, a few of my single lady friends and I were just hanging out, and when my dad got home from work and saw us, he promptly went out, got each of us a rose, and proceeded to make us dinner and margaritas. Giving me high expectations of men since 1994.
Book Bum’s questions:
How big is your TBR pile right now?
I’m going to answer this one with a picture, if I may. (Please note: I will find it perfectly acceptable if you guys want to judge me for my out-of-control book buying habits.)
This is about half of my TBR pile. I also have an entire shelf dedicated to books I haven’t read, but most of those feel less immediate; they’re either older (think a copy of Beowulf, The Scarlet Letter, that sort of thing) or they’re the second half of series for which I don’t own the first three books. And these are just my hard copies. I also have about twelve books waiting to be read on my iPad…
I have a problem.
Do you prefer reading on an e-reader or to have the physical book?
In general, I like to have the physical book; I’m a sticky note fiend, and love marking my favorite quotes and such with sticky notes. That being said, I will be eternally grateful to e-readers for making travel packing much, much easier.
Where is your favorite place to read?
On my bed. My room has a lot of natural light, and there is a tree right outside my window which almost always has either snow or birds on it, creating a great reading aesthetic. Plus, usually my dog, Tia, will lay out against my legs keeping me all warm and snug while I read. Every once in a while, if it’s warm enough, I’ll also read on the back porch.
What book genre do you never pick up?
Generally, I avoid romance novels. I enjoy romantic elements in the stories that I read, but I need more than just romance to keep me interested in a story. I also just haven’t found one that I’ve enjoyed, yet.
Random Question: If you could rid the world of one negative, eg. starvation, war, AIDs, etc, what would you pick and why?
I would probably choose to get rid of human trafficking/slavery, especially in the case of kids. Everyone deserves to have control over their own lives and to feel a sense of basic autonomy, and I can’t imagine the anger I would feel at being degraded to little more than a thing in someone else’s life story, especially as a woman. For kids, it breaks my heart that there are kids unable to read and explore the world and be curious and discover who they are because of something so demeaning and traumatic. I want to be able to say “It’s 2017!! This shouldn’t be happening anymore!” But here we are.
(I’m not gonna do 10, sorry!)
My Questions for you:
- Is there a person in your life who had a big impact on your love of books? Who are they, and how did they encourage your love of reading?
- If you’re having a tough day, what’s your immediate go-to book? What’s the book that you know is always gonna have your back?
- Do you prefer books that make you laugh, or books that make you cry, and why?
- Pretend your favorite character came to spend one day with you. Who are they, where would you take them, and what is one thing you would absolutely want them to see before they left?
- (Random Question) In keeping with the spirit of the month, what is your favorite nerdy/cheesy pick-up line?
If you do this tag, let me know in the comments section; I would love to see your answers!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to answer any of the questions I asked, or ask me your own questions in the comments below!